Summer is here! Summer is here!
Okay, so the summer solstice hasn’t officially occurred, but meteorological summer has begun.
And what better way to kickoff the summer season than with a rundown of what I’m reading, watching and listening to these days.
Remember, I read, listen and watch it all so that when it comes to running your business like a pro, you don’t have to.
- My dear and kickass coach Caryn Gillen has a brand-spanking-new 7-Day leadership course… for FREE! It’s like you get to live in her dynamic brain for a full week and learn exactly how to up your leadership game. It’s never too late to add to your leadership toolkit – sign up NOW right here.
- Ever wonder what the secret is to decluttering your digital environment is? Well, Seth and I do, so head on over to his recent post and find out here.
- You know I love the Pomodoro Method for getting s#!t done, but check out this new method called the Flowtime Technique, which better utilizes your energy and when you get into flow. Learn about it right here.
- Need help scheduling your day EACH AND EVERY DAY? Hire me! And also check out these 5 scheduling methods to bring more focus to your day here.
- If you’re looking to be inspired to bring your best self to your business and your life and become the brave badass you’ve dreamt of, watch Brené Brown’s Netflix special, The Call to Courage. Whether you’ve been a fan of hers for years or you’re just dipping your toes in the courage and vulnerability waters, this is the place to hang out.
- And if you’re just looking for a good laugh, stay on Netflix and take in Amy Poehler’s new comedy, Wine Country. Seriously, it had me in tears laughing.
I know many of you like to GO DEEP into the learning, so here’s what’s been on bookshelf the last couple of months:
- More Time to Think: The Power of Independent Thinking, by Nancy Kline
- A Sense of Urgency, by John Kotter
- Tell Me More: Stories About the 12 Hardest Things I’m Learning to Say, by Kelly Corrigan
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts., by Brené Brown (again)
- Rising Strong, by Brené Brown (again)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, by Mark Manson (again)
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Positively Resilient: 51⁄2 Secrets to Beat Stress, Overcome Obstacles, and Defeat Anxiety, by Doug Hensch
- Educated, by Tara Westover
- Becoming, by Michelle Obama
I recommend them all.
If you’re looking for to dive deep on a particular topic, post below in the comments and let’s get to chatting.
Photo by Christin Hume on Unsplash