Today is my 10th wedding anniversary and in celebration of this milestone, I’m sharing the 10 most important lessons I learned while launching my business.
These are the strategies that took my business from a little side gig and launched it into a full-time, successful operation.
- Stay out of your clients’ wallets. You know never what they have going on in their bank account.
- Work on your most important work first in the day – prioritize it to make sure it happens.
- Put self-care on your calendar just like any other important appointment.
- Overwhelm is a mindset (and you get to choose another one if you want).
- Stay in your own lane – focus on what you’re working on.
- Check your inbox no more than 2x per business day. (Sound too scary? Aim for 3x to start.)
- Use a timer to allow yourself to give yourself over to a task, project, session 100%.
- Business growth is 80% marketing, and sometimes more when you in the midst of launch.
- Listening to your body when it screams or whispers that a break is in order can actually propel your business forward.
- Not getting shit done is usually more than just a time management problem.
Some of these I learned on my own, through trial and error, testing and failing.
But, I’ve also been lucky to have many mentors on my business journey, and special mentions go out to:
I couldn’t have built a business and life I love without their support along the way.
Who has been a game changer on your business journey? Why not send them a love note to thank them today.
Photo by RawPixel on Unsplash