Late last year, I took a 6-week break in my business. I was heading towards burnout and needed to put the brakes on so much in order to regain my balance.
One of those items on pause wound up being content consumption.
I didn’t allow myself to read other blog posts, listen to podcasts, watch any videos, or really indulge my inner geek that can spend hours doing a whole lot of nothing on my favorite blogger’s site.
A funny thing happened though, I retrained my brain to no longer default to content consumption as a form of distraction.
It’s now a focused activity.
What I end up reading, watching and listening to has an impact on how I chose to do business and show up for my clients because it’s gotten through my new content screening filter (it unknowingly got built during the media hiatus).
What’s gotten through my filter recently that I just HAD to pass along to you? Here you go:
- One of my favorite podcasts is Inside Strategic Coach and I love, love, loved their recent episode on asking good questions. Listen in here.
- Courageous self-care for entrepreneurs on this interview with the fabulous Stephanie Hayes and Christina Marlett.
- Do you know Marsha Shandur? She’s an incredible storytelling coach with a healthy dose of quirk. She made this short, comical video about reprogramming your audience’s brain through story.
- If you need a spot of organization this month, check out Charlie Gilkey and Productive Flourishing’s free monthly planners. I LOVE the monthly momentum planner for high-level planning!
- Ever wonder if you need a VPN (Virtual Private Network)? Or just wonder what the heck all of the VPN fuss is about? Check out Zapier latest article on the tech tool.
- If you’re still a little confused by the EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), MailerLite generously prepared a FAQ to the top 99 questions related to the new regulation.
Don’t forget to come back here and share your questions, comments, and insights on this curated content.
Photo by RawPixel on Unsplash
2 responses to “What I’m Reading, Listening to and Watching to Keep on My Business Toes”
Thrilled that I got through your filter! I love Gilkey – and will have to check out the other things you posted, too.
Marsha, your gems are always a treat! Happy to share them with others!